Women’s Training Days
Do you want to take your rowing to the next level? Then come along to a British Rowing Women’s Training Day
British Rowing holds a number of Women’s Training Day each year to identify rowers already at clubs who show the potential to be the future stars of the GB Rowing Team.
“The Women’s Training Days are a wonderful opportunity to engage with The England Talent Pathway Team, train with other rowers, pick up some tips and monitor your progress. We have so much untapped potential in our clubs and the aim is to help turn potential in talent. Our medal winners on the world stage started in a club just like yours. With a bit of guidance and direction, you too can be the best version of you, explore your limits and pursue the challenging and rewarding path of a performance rower. Who knows, it might be you on that medal podium in the years to come!” Paul Thompson, Women’s Chief Coach for the GB Rowing Team.
At each day, you and your coach will work with our England Talent Pathway team to learn about how you can work together to reach your full potential.
Each training day will include:
Download a Women's Training Day poster here.
- Land testing to benchmark rowers and establish areas for development;
- A session led by an England Talent Pathway coach to provide practical tips to help guide your training and development; and
- A session to put into practice what you have learnt and give you the confidence to take your new skills back to your home club.
Rowers and coaches can follow up after the training day for more support and to keep the England Talent Pathway coaches updated on progress.
If you are identified from one of the training days with the potential and drive to row for Great Britain, you will be invited to work with an England Talent Pathway coach at your home club to further develop your potential.
To attend, rowers must be:
- Be part of the J15 age group up to 23 years old;
- Taller than 175cm; and
- Have a 2km ergo score of under 7:50 or a 1km Rate 24 ergo of under 3:55.
If this sounds like you, sign-up to one of British Rowing’s Women’s Training Day and see where rowing can take you.