Policies and Guidance
British Rowing has a number of policies and guidance documents in place to help us keep the sport moving forward and to achieve the highest standards.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of those who take part in rowing at all levels. Our policies and guidance procedures are constantly under review and we update them regularly to reflect best practice. British Rowing has achieved the Intermediate Standard for Safeguarding Children and Young People in Sport and is working towards the next level. We were also awarded the Intermediate level in Equality in January 2012.
The following links take you to the pages where you can read the policy in context or download the documents as pdf files.
- Adults at Risk Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy – Model policy for rowing clubs WG 1.1.
- Articles of Association (approved 14.10.2017)
- Code of Conduct 2016
- Directors’ Report and Financial Statements to 31.03.2017
- Diversity Statement
- Equity Policy 2014
- Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures for clubs
- Information about anti-doping regulations
- On-Water and Indoor Rowing by School Children guidance
- Procedure for Disciplinary and Grievance matters (Excerpt from Rules of British Rowing).
- Rules of British Rowing – 2016
- Rules of Racing 2017 – Updated with effect from 1st April 2017.
- RowSafe (updated April 2017).
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy – Supporting procedures and guidance documents can be read here and include: Whistleblowing: policy on fraud and wrongdoing, The recruitment of ex-offenders, Complaints and disciplinary procedure.
- Selection Appeals Procedure
- Strategic Plan (2017 – 2024)
- Transgender & Transexual Policy
- UKCC Appeals Procedure