Notice of the British Rowing AGM 2019
The Thirty Sixth Annual General Meeting of British Rowing Ltd will be held at 1.30pm on Saturday, 12 October, 2019
NOTICE is hereby given that the Thirty Sixth Annual General Meeting of British Rowing Ltd will be held at 1.30pm on Saturday, 12 October 2019 in the Hilda Clark Suite at Friends House, 173 – 177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ.
The day will start with registrations at 11am, followed by a presentation from Andy Parkinson, CEO of British Rowing, reviewing last year and looking ahead to the future, followed by a Q&A session. Lunch will be served after this, with the Annual General Meeting getting underway at 1.30pm.
1. Chair’s Welcome and opening remarks.
2. Apologies for Absence.
3. To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 6 October 2018.
4. To receive the accounts of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2019, together with the reports of the Directors and Auditors.
5. That haysmacintyre be appointed as auditors of the Company to hold office until conclusion of the next General Meeting at which Accounts are laid before the Company and to authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration.
6. To consider and, if thought fit, passing the following resolution which will be proposed as a Special Resolution, that –
With effect from 14 October 2019, Article 62 of the existing Memorandum and Articles of Association of British Rowing Limited be amended as follows:
No business shall be transacted at any General Meeting unless a quorum is present when the meeting proceeds to business. Save as herein otherwise provided fifty per cent (50%) of the Members in person or by proxy shall be a quorum.
7. Appointment of Director:
- Chair of Sport Committee
This notice with the link to the proposed new Memorandum and Articles of Association and other papers has been emailed to all Affiliated Members (as defined by the Memorandum and Articles of Association). To confirm your attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and if you are not a Regional Representative, the name of the Club or Competition you are representing.
Any Member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy. Such proxy need not be a Member of British Rowing. All proxy votes must be notified to the Company Secretary (E: email@example.com) by 1.00pm on 12 October 2019.
26 September 2019
By Order of the Board
Download the AGM papers by clicking on the links below: