Go Row Indoor Workshop
In response to market demand, British Rowing has developed a new REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) and CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) accredited Go Row Indoor Workshop for Fitness Professionals.
What will I get out of the Go Row Indoor Workshop?
The workshop aims to improve the understanding of indoor rowing among fitness professionals. It covers:
- The benefits of indoor rowing
- How to set up a rowing machine and monitor
- British Rowing technique
- Indoor rowing fitness tests, apps, and other technologies
- How to set up and create individual focused programmes for clients
- The use of adaptive equipment
- How to deliver the new Go Row Indoor class model (indoor rowing group exercise classes) to all abilities
Where and When is the next Workshop?
New workshops are currently being planned and details will be updated when available.
How much will it cost?
£95 for individual bookings.
If you are an operator, club or fitness professional and would like to make a group booking at your venue, please email British Rowing.
How long is the workshop?
How do I apply?
If you are an individual fitness professional please book directly onto the workshop by calling 020 8237 6745 or emailing British Rowing.
If you are a fitness operator or rowing club and would like to book a Go Row Indoor workshop for your fitness professional team, please email British Rowing.
At the end of this workshop, fitness professionals will be able to:
- Confidently teach British Rowing technique
- Include indoor rowing in a gym induction
- Create an indoor rowing focused training plan
- Run a Go Row Indoor class session
Who can attend the Go Row Indoor Workshop?
This workshop is targeted at Fitness Professionals, including those with no previous rowing experience.
The workshop can be attended by any Fitness Professional who has completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructor Training qualification or equivalent. This includes:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (which can either be GYM, Water Based Exercise, Health Related Exercise for Children or Exercise to Music)
Learners will also be accepted onto the workshop if they can evidence that they have a qualification, experience or have attended training within similar mandatory fitness instruction units. These include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Planning, preparing and evaluating a gym programme
- Principles of health and fitness
- Coaching, mentoring, or instructing within a Health and Fitness environment
- Delivering safe and effective exercise programmes
- Demonstrating good personal technique on a range of CV equipment, fixed resistance, free weights and body weight exercises
- Apply specific health checks
- Learning basic skills that will enable you to include older adult, disabled, and antenatal and post-natal client groups in your sessions
How is the Go Row Indoor Workshop structured?
The workshop includes both theory, group discussion and practical learning, with a focus on delivering indoor rowing based personal training sessions, classes and instruction.
The Go Row Indoor Workshop has accredited through REPS and CIMSPA awarding 5 REPS or 5 CPD points for any Fitness Professional attendees