Council is a representative body responsible for aspects of the sport not delegated to the Board, for example the Rules of Racing.
Members of Council include representatives from every British Rowing region who are appointed by the clubs and competitions within that region.
In addition to the regional chairmen and representatives, Council includes;
- the members of the Board
- the Honorary Rowing Safety Advisor, Honorary President, Honorary Life Vice Presidents and a Home Nations Representative.
Council meets four times a year to discuss British Rowing’s policy and organisation and the development of rowing. Informed decisions are ratified through recommendations from reports made by the Sport Committee, Board and National Committees (through the Sport Committee or the Board).
British Rowing Council has the power to:
- Affiliate clubs, regattas and other rowing events to British Rowing.
- Suspend, disqualify and reinstate Members (clubs) of British Rowing.
- Approve the formation of Regional Rowing Councils and their constitutions.
- Adopt/make/add to/alter/revoke the Rules of British Rowing.
The minutes of meetings that have been approved or noted by Council are below together with the dates of forthcoming meetings.
Notice of recent AGM and EGM and accompanying paperwork are available via the following links:
February 2017 (Summary)
November 2016 (Summary)