Sign up now for the 2014 GBRT Universities’ Conference
The GB Rowing Team are holding their second Universities’ Conference on Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd September at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre. Ten speakers, all experts in their field, will cover a range of topics including how to maximise technique and minimise injury, build a successful university rowing programme and much, much more.
GBRT is delighted to have Malcolm Brown MBE, coach to London 2012 Triathlon Olympic Gold and Bronze Medallists, Alistair & Johnathan Brownlee, amongst a line-up of speakers that includes –
- Annamarie Phelps – Chairman, British Rowing
- Professor Kevin Edge – Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Bath
- Dr Alison Maitland – Head of Research & Product, Lane4
- Fiona Dennis – Chair of National Competition Committee, British Rowing
- Dr Alison McGregor – Professor of Musculoskeletal Biodynamics, Imperial College
- Paul Stannard – High Performance Coach, GB Rowing Team
- Tom Dyson – Lead Coach – Para Rowing, GB Rowing Team
- Sarah Davey (PhD) – Performance Pathway Scientist, English Institute of Sport
- Angelo Savarino – Head Coach, Newcastle University
The conference is aimed at university coaches, club captains and Directors of Sport and will provide plenty of opportunity for informal, networking, exchanges of information and ideas.
For more information download the flyer below and contact Anna Liddell of the GB Rowing Team to make sure that your university doesn’t miss out on a place.