Senior Club Coach
Do you want to take your rowers that step further through well designed and appropriate annual training programmes?
This award builds on the good practice developed from the Level 2 Club Coach and focuses on supporting you in your skills and knowledge around coaching programmes.
How much will it cost?
How long is the award?
Comprising of three face to face sessions of 2 days, home study tasks and two observed coaching assessments.
The overall outcome of the Level 3 Senior Club Coach Certificate is to enable you to plan, implement, analyse and revise annual coaching programmes.
The course will ensure you can safely implement a training programme appropriate to the participants that you coach, who may vary in their goals, ages, and abilities.
Who can attend?
In order to take the UKCC Level 3 Senior Club Coach you must also:
- Be in a position to set the training programme and coach a group of rowers/scullers for a minimum of eight months.
- Be or become a British Rowing registered member. Non-members can apply online for instant registration’
- A Level 2 Club Coach Certificate in Coaching Rowing or recognised equivalent.
- A current Emergency Aid certificate.
- A current Safeguarding & Protecting Children certificate.
- Have started, and are working towards your Level 2 Strength & Conditioning.
Please note: The Instructors Award (IA) is still a valid Coaching Qualification. IA coaches wishing to proceed to the Level 3 Senior Club Coach will gain access to all of the Level 2 Club Coach materials to ensure they are up to date.
How do I apply?
Complete the two online courses, available free of charge on RowHow:
Don’t forget to upload these to your BR Membership profile, and print a copy.
Book onto and attend the Level 3 Senior Club Coach Induction Day and complete the pre-course workbook. This will be sent to you on booking.
Complete any outstanding prerequisites or action plan following the Induction day.
Register on a Level 3 Senior Club Coach course. Check the calendar to find a course near you.
The Induction day is designed to help you make an assessment of your current coaching position and identify if the Level 3 Senior Club Coach is the correct next step for you. To find details of our next Induction Day please visit our Courses Calendar.
How is the award structured?
- Bio-mechanic Principles
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Athlete preparation & Training Principles
- Health and Well-being
- Ethical Coaching Practice
- Coaching Environment
- Decision Making and Crew Selection
- Sports Psychology
- Coach Mentoring
- Reflective Practice
Course materials are available on RowHow.
You will be provided with a Learner pack that contains all the information and templates that you will need to complete the award, as well as:
- British Rowing Technique Posters
- Paul Thompson DVD
Upcoming Courses & Induction Days
Further courses can be found by searching on the Courses Calendar.