Are you ready to Discover Your Gold?
Do you have what it takes to be the next Olympic or Paralympic rower? It is time to #DiscoverYour Gold.
The biggest multi-sport talent identification campaign in British history, #DiscoverYour Gold, aims to identify talented young athletes who have the potential to become future champions.
Over 20 sports are involved in #DiscoverYour Gold, a partnership between UK Sport, the English Institute of Sport (EIS), and a range of National Governing Bodies, targeting 15-24 year olds to be fast-tracked into the exciting world of high performance sport.
#DiscoverYour Gold has five strands, each of which will help identify the star of the future:
- #DiscoverYour Power – speed or power background for: Track Cycling, Skeleton, Canoeing
- #DiscoverYour ParaPotential – sports including: Para-Athletics, Para-Swimming, Para-Cycling, Para-Rowing
- #DiscoverYour Fight – martial arts background for: Judo, Taekwondo, Women’s Boxing
- #DiscoverYour Giant – females taller than 5’10” and males taller than 6’2” for: Rowing, Netball
- #DiscoverYour Freestyle – gymnastic or acrobatic background for: Freestyle Ski and Snowboard
British Rowing is proud to be part of two strands, #DiscoverYour Giant and #DiscoverYour ParaPotential.
The #DiscoverYour Gold campaign will be run by UK Sport and EIS throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Games this summer. After which, British Rowing’s talent identification programmes Start and Para-Rowing talent ID will return.