Cracking Conference line-up confirmed – places still available!
The British Rowing Conference is all set with a line-up of influential speakers from within and outside our sport, all adding their voice and ideas to shape the future of rowing
‘Pulling Together: One Team with a Shared Purpose’ kicks off on Saturday 3rd October for two days and provides a platform for influential and experienced voices to share ideas to take rowing forward.
Places are still available to attend so book here now.
The conference is looking to inspire our sport with the 2015-2024 Strategic Plan to align the drivers for success within our sport. Key speakers, such as Mark Hunter, Olympic Gold Medallist will talk about how success can drive inspiration for growth and further achievements for the future at your club. Guin Batten, Olympic Silver Medallist will discuss the important and innovative revision of our racing format.
Beyond our own rowing community, we have also attracted game changers to share their expertise in supporting rowing’s future and development. Humphrey Cobbold, CEO of PureGym is one of those speakers, formerly the CEO of Wiggle and now leading the country’s fastest growing and largest gym chain in the UK, and will share ideas on how clubs can optimise their potential.
For a taster of other key areas of the conference:
- Pulling Together – Rowing’s ten year ambition presented by Annamarie Phelps, Chairman of British Rowing and Andy Parkinson, CEO of British Rowing
- The Generation Gap – The rowing leaders of the future show us their way, presented by British Rowing’s Young Person’s Panel
- What’s the Point? – How we are creating a more appealing racing structure for rowers, presented by Guin Batten, Olympic Silver Medallist
- Innovation – Keeping ahead in a competitive market presented by Humphrey Cobbold, CEO of PureGym
- Ready for Rio – Rowing receives a huge spike of interest during the Olympics – how do we best capitalise on this?
To further whet your appetite, then be among the first to exclusively test out our new website at the conference, which is currently in development, and so providing the perfect opportunity to share your thoughts with us as we finalise the new platform.
You can also trial RowActiv our new interactive indoor rowing software, a new and digitally interactive experience for ergos. We will be setting up RowActiv at the Conference for all attendees to try out, and provide feedback while it is still in development stages. All attendees will also receive a free three-day gym pass for the Leeds PureGym, only a short walk from the Conference venue.
Lastly, there will be plenty of time within the schedule to socialise and network during the two lunches and the drinks reception on the Saturday night, as well as time saved for that all important England vs Australia Rugby World Cup game!
So, what are you waiting for? Get booking here.