British Rowing’s 2015 Coaching Conference will be held on January 31st 2015, and is set to feature some of the leading lights of British rowing.
Key speakers include the GB Rowing Team’s Jurgen Grobler OBE, Dr Ann Redgrave, Pete Sheppard, Guin Batten, Pauline Brimson and more, and there will also be appearances by Olympic and Paralympic rowers.
Sports coach UK, in partnership with the England Coaching Network, Governing Bodies of Sport and the Home Countries has updated the Funding Opportunities for Coaching in The UK guide. The guide contains information on funding available in the UK to support coaching and is available to download from http://goo.gl/85HyB6.
The guide is an interactive PDF that allows the user to quickly identify the right funding for them. It includes the following key sections:
- Comprehensive funding listings for England that have been compiled by the County Sports Partnership Network
- Funding information for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Governing Body funding for those coaches affiliated to and working within key whole sport plan areas
- ‘Top Tips’ will help first time funding applicants to get their applications right
Funding support for coaches continues via Twitter, where the @scUKCoachFund account will provide up to the minute funding information for coaches. Please encourage all of your partners to follow this account and pass on the information to get more coaches following us.
On January 1st 2015, a new World Anti-Doping Code will come into effect.
The new code includes a number of new anti-doping rule violations concerning coaches, including ‘complicity’ and ‘prohibited association’.
To find out exactly how the new code will affect you and your rowers, visit the new UKAD microsite: www.ukad.org.uk/2015-code.
Does your club have athletes who might be eligible for the GB Rowing Team’s para-rowing squad? We’re on the look-out for talented athletes to join the campaign for Rio 2016 and beyond.
Rowers may not realise that they are eligible for the LTA4+, examples of eligible disabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fused ankles, wrists, knees
- Impaired Quadriceps
- Amputation below the knee
- Club Foot, Drop Foot
- Visual Impairment (B1/B2/B3)
- Amputation 3 fingers or more
If you think that your club might have an athlete who fits the criteria, please contact [email protected].