Learning to Scull with Tideway Scullers
Fancy learning to scull on the Tideway this Easter? Bookings are now open for the Easter 2013 sculling course at the Tideways Scullers School.
Running from April 1-5 between 9am and 4pm each day, the course is open to scullers of any ability – from complete novices to confident scullers looking to improve their technique.
Students will be a mixture of juniors (11-17 years old) and adults, working alongside coaches primarily in single sculls.
The £300 course is set to include:
- Individual and crew coaching
- Setting and reviewing individual objectives
- Video analysis
- Basics of sculling-boat rigging
- Stretching for rowing
- Boats, blades and coaching launches
- Ergo work including tests
- Safety advice
- Tideway navigation and regulations
- Racing on the final day.