Newark Small Boats Head Cancelled

Newark Small Boats Head is the latest rowing event to fall foul of the inclement Autumnal weather, with organisers opting to cancel tomorrow’s event.

The Race Committee had waited until Friday morning to make their final assessment of the conditions at Newark Rowing Club, before deciding that river levels are too dangerous for the head race to run.


“The Committee have walked the course this morning, and although the river levels have dropped there is still considerable stream, causing a serious safety concern,” the club announced on its website on Friday. “So the decision has been made to cancel the event.

“The race organisers would like to thank you for your entries and hope we can welcome your crews to race at Neward RC in 2013.”

More information, as well as photographs of the flooding at Newark RC, visit

Without our members, we wouldn't be able to provide the guidance, support and emergency funding that we have been able to during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consider continuing to support our sport by renewing or purchasing your British Rowing membership today.

Renew Today