Did you know this week is ………..Volunteers Week?
Why not get involved with sports volunteering? Are you a sports club or organisation looking for extra volunteers or ways to fund coaching courses for your volunteers?
LIVING SPORT is the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Sports Partnership. Our Vision for Sport in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is: ‘Active, healthy, successful communities where everyone can play, achieve, and enjoy.’ Volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring that sports clubs and organisations can contribute to our aims.
If you are a club……
- You could consider taking a young person as a volunteer. LIVING SPORT assist School Sports Partnerships to place Step into Sport students in community clubs and organisations. Step into Sport is part of the Government’s PE strategy, delivered by schools, to encourage young people aged 14 to 19 into sports volunteering and leadership.
- Why not broaden your horizons and use a Volunteer Centre. Thousands of people walk through the doors of their local Volunteer Centre looking to give something back to the community. Around 20% of these people state they would be interested in helping a sports organisation. This is an excellent place to find volunteers to help with a wide variety of roles such as website design, chairing skills or accountancy. If you wish to promote volunteer roles in your club please contact your local Volunteer Centre via www.do-it.org/wanttovolunteer/aboutvolunteering/vcfinder
For more information, contact Claire Thorby on 01487 849923 or e-mail [email protected]
Are you are volunteer involved in coaching and would like to gain a qualification?
- East Links: Leading the Field provides fully funded training courses for individuals who are employed in, regularly volunteer in or are looking to enter the sport and active leisure sector. LIVING SPORT is involved in delivering this project in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in partnership with Cambridge Regional College.
- The project provides the opportunity to access a range of sport and active leisure qualifications that are 100% funded including:
Ø Level 1, 2 and 3 coaching qualifications in a number of NGB supported sports
Ø Officiating qualifications in a number of sports
Ø Coach tutor qualifications
Ø Health and fitness qualifications
Ø Leisure facilities / operator qualifications
Ø Community sport qualifications such as mentoring
Ø Management development workshops
- To be eligible for the scheme you must not be in full time education and must be employed (not necessarily within the leisure industry).
Full details of the scheme and the courses available can be found by registering an expression of interest at www.acer.ac.uk/leadingthefield.php or for more information please contact Helen Clarke on 01487 849922 or by email [email protected].