Sport England Small Grants Programme
The Sport England Small Grants Programme has been set up to support local community sport projects which seek to increase and sustain participation or develop opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport. It is similar to the Awards for All scheme which now does not prioritize sports schemes.
Money secured through the Small Grant Programme might help a sports club expand its age range by helping it to buy extra boats to increase adult participation or pay additional coaching fees. Or it may help youth clubs work together with local rowing clubs to get more young people involved in rowing.
Who can apply?
It is open to any bona fide not-for-profit club or association, statutory body or educational establishment.
Items that might be applicable
- Equipment to teach people how to row – eg stable boats
- Coaching courses
- Coaching costs
Ready to apply?
- Awards are for amounts from £300 to £10,000
- The total project cost should not exceed £50,000
- Projects must be deliverable within 12 months and provide a monitoring report within 13 months of the date of the offer letter
- Projects must seek to increase participation in sport, sustain participation in sport or provide opportunities to excel at a chosen sport.
- Sporting outcomes must be the main focus of the project. Applications for projects using sport as a means to an end (eg. education, health or regeneration) are acceptable, but there must be a clear sporting benefit
Once Sport England have received your application, it should take no longer than six weeks for you to receive a decision. Your ARA Regional Rowing Council or Regional Development Officer can act as a referee.
More information can be found on the Sport England Small Grant Programme website