Volunteer of the Year Awards
Do you know anyone who deserves to be recognised for his or her outstanding contribution to rowing?
If so the ARA National Awards is your chance to see that all their hard work is fianlly noticed.
Awards are presented for the following:
- Open club – a volunteer from an open club
- Administrator – a volunteer working in the administration of an ARA club or event
- Higher Education – a volunteer from a university of college club. Not necessarily a student
- Junior Volunteer (U18) – any volunteer aged 18 or under
- Lifetime Achievement Award – should appropriate nominations be received
The U18 category is judged separately from those above with an overall National Junior Volunteer award also being presented alongside the National Volunteer of the Year. Each ARA region holds their own award ceremony and makes regional awards in the categories listed.
How do I nominate someone?
All nominations must be made on the official form (photocopies are aceptable) and should be returned to the ARA, marked for the attention of Rory Semple/ARA Volunteer of the Year Awards, no later than 10th April 2009. Regions will decide on the winners in each category and from these an overall regional winner will be selected.
Nomination forms can be downloaded here