Can you help shape the future of rowing?
The ARA’s Whole Sport Plan 2009 – 2013 sets the scene for the exciting and challenging task of developing rowing for a new and growing participant base.
With the publicity and profile that’s being generated for sport through the 2012 Olympic Games, we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play our part in delivering a real and lasting legacy for the future of rowing.
To help us achieve the goals in our Whole Sport Plan we are looking for the enthusiasm, ideas and expertise of everyone who loves the sport; volunteers, supporters, rowers, boat builders or coaches.
Nine working groups drawn from the above with input from ARA staff will look at
- 12 week Learn to Row courses
- Training for volunteer assistant coaches in Clubs
- Stable boats for clubs
- Requirements and criteria for clubs who would like stable boats
- ARA membership – club and individual
- Marketing and branding of new initiatives
- New competitions – primary and fun
- Personal rowing challenges for individuals
- Touring and Recreational rowing – developing the opportunities
If you have ideas and skills and would like to find out more about how you can help us shape rowing’s future please take a look at the information below:
If you would like to contribute your ideas please email us at [email protected] and we’ll pass them on to the relevant group. We look forward to hearing from you.