Club Coaching Assistant Training
The Club Coaching Assistant provides an entry level for you to get involved in supporting rowing activities at your club
The Club Coaching Assistant training enables people to get involved in coaching and provides an entry onto the formal British Rowing Coach Education pathway. By providing more ways to get involved, the aim is to create a welcoming environment for newcomers and encourage them to participate for longer and to see rowing as a lifelong sport.
Club Coaching Assistants should be working under the direct supervision of a rowing coach (Level 2 qualified or above).
The training will help you to:
- Identify your roles and responsibilities as a Club Coaching Assistant.
- Identify the key components in delivering a safe and inclusive session to a group of rowers.
- Identify some of the skills required to deliver these sessions effectively.
- Look at the key skills and technical development in rowing activities.
- Experience rowing activities through video observation.
- Discuss the key skills of a Club Coaching Assistant when supporting rowing sessions.
How much will it cost?
How long is the training?
Who can attend?
It is suitable for anyone interested in assisting with coaching in a club environment, who is at least 16 years of age.
It t is also the preliminary first step onto the formal Coach Education pathway.
How is the training structured?
This training is currently only run online.
How do I apply?
Check the calendar to find Club Coaching Assistant training near you.
Then book online using our booking system.