These are rowing organisations who support the aims and objectives of British Rowing, as the National Governing Body for rowing.
Coastal Rowing Associations
There are three umbrella associations based along the south coast, which are officially termed as ‘Other Rowing Organisations’. These associations are directly responsible for the competitions, governance, safety, etc. of the clubs that affiliate to them.
- West of England Amateur Rowing Association (WEARA)
- Hants and Dorset Amateur Rowing Association (HDARA)
- Coastal Amateur Rowing Association (CARA)
Those clubs that fall under any of these Associations that affiliate to both the Association and to British Rowing, fall under the governance of British Rowing. This provides those clubs with all of the benefits of being an affiliated British Rowing club.
Associated Organisations are those organisations outside the governance structure of British Rowing that support the aims and objectives of British Rowing. They are approved annually by the Board and listed in the appropriate section of the British Rowing Almanack and on the British Rowing website. They do not have any voting rights nor any other rights or obligations. They are listed below:
- Cambridgeshire Rowing Association
- Cornwall Rowing Association (fixed seat)
- Guernsey Rowing Club 1973
- Isle of Man Rowing Federation
- Jersey Rowing Club 1971
- London Youth Rowing Ltd.
- Marine Society & Sea Cadets 2012
- River and Rowing Museum
- Skerries for Schools
- Skiff Racing Association 1901 (fixed seat)
- Thames Traditional Boat Society (fixed seat)
- Trafalgar 2001 Trust Ltd
- Whitby Friendship ARC 1879