Thames Rowing Club – Assistant Rowing Coach
The Assistant Coach at TRC will provide support to the Head Coach and work alongside another full-time assistant coach, providing high-level coaching, strategic and day to day organisation and data analysis. The role will primarily focus on the men’s squad.
Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications. Includes 25 days paid annual leave and workplace pension. Reasonable expenses will also be covered separately.
Working under the professional head coach and alongside the core coaching team comprised of another professional assistant and a number of accomplished volunteers, the role will focus on maximising the potential of a large and competitive squad.
TRC’s objectives include:
- Developing athletes from novice to intermediate level
- Targeting wins at HRR in both men’s and women’s club and intermediate level events
- Designing and implementing a training programme that is compatible with athletes’ full-time employment
- Development of physiology and nutrition
- Retaining good club spirit and enjoyment of the sport
- Prior coaching experience
- Success at top club/university/school level is preferable but not mandatory. TRC are looking to develop a coach to the next level and youth or inexperience is not strictly a bar.
- Full UK driving licence/international equivalent
- Passion for the sport
(If not held, these will need to be attained once in post)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 or international equivalent
- Trailer towing licence
TRC is one of the oldest and most successful clubs in the country. It is a club for athletes who are looking to train and compete at a high level alongside full time employment and realise their athletic potential. With a squad of 80-100 athletes per year (split evenly across men and women), the club targets club wins at HWR and HRR every year.
Current staff include Head Coach Sander Smulders, Assistant Coach Thomas Mapp and Boatman Jack Clark. Our boathouse is situated on the Putney Embankment on Tideway stretch of the Thames and we have a large and competitive fleet of Empachers and Filippis. Coaching is primarily water and gym based and includes ergs, weights, S&C and cycling, alongside regular water sessions.
Applications via CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Type: Full time, contracted hours are 40 hours per week including weekend working, although please note the actual hours worked will vary at points in the season.
Application Dates: From Thursday 4th August 2022 to Monday 15th August 2022