RUMSBC – Coach
RUMSBC are looking for a coach for the academic year of 2022/23.
The club has represented UCL Medical School since its formation in 1998 following the union of the Royal Free, University College Hospital and Middlesex rowing clubs.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and welcoming club: each year we field 2-3 boats for both the Men’s and Women’s squads across a range of rowing ability, from our novices to our committed senior members, some of whom are rowing at university level.
We strive to uphold a strong sense of community and commitment, both on and off the water, so hope to appoint an enthusiastic coach who shares this ethos and will work alongside our senior captains to help our senior crews to reach their full potential.
- Coach 3-4 hours every Wednesday afternoon during term 1 and 2.
- Develop a land training program around our racing calendar and terms.
- Assist our captains in fair and transparent crew selection.
- Broad coaching abilities: can offer specific and constructive feedback to our senior rowers and coxes.
- UKCC Level 2 British Rowing Qualification (discussion possible)
We are looking for someone:
- With a positive, personable approach to coaching.
- With experience coaching senior rowers and coxes (or someone who has coxed before).
- Able to demonstrate consistent commitment to the club.
Interested? Please contact [email protected] with a CV and we will be in touch shortly!
Salary: £20 /hour, with £150 fixed fee for development of training plan
Application Dates: From Tuesday 26th July 2022 to Sunday 21st August 2022