Queen Elizabeth High School – Rowing Coach
Queen Elizabeth High School has a strong sporting ethos with access to excellent rowing and training facilities. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed rowing coach to work with our Year 9 to Year 13 students, ages 13-19, from grass roots to GB pathway athletes.
The successful candidate will have coaching experience, preferably with young rowers and should be British Rowing qualified (or equivalent). The successful candidate must be available to work no less than 20 hours per week, which will include weekends. Although, exact days and times are to be clarified at interview. This would be a great opportunity for someone who would has a passion for rowing and would like to pursue that passion during a gap year or whilst contemplating the next steps in their career. Given the part time nature of the role, there maybe an opportunity to pair this role with other vacancies within the Trust for the right candidate.
You will be required to work under the direction of the Lead Rowing Coach and Rowing Club Leader, taking the coaching of individuals and groups of young people.
More specifically the duties and responsibilities include:
- Coaching sculling and sweep rowing techniques on the water across a range of groups, from beginners to national event level and GB Trials.
- Running land-training sessions, a S & K knowledge would be advantageous or the willingness to undertake qualifications in this area.
- Awareness and adherence to risk assessments and health and safety guidelines
- Checking the safety of all boats
- Driving coaching/safety launches
- Reporting on, and monitoring specific groups when required
- Assisting with general day to day running of the fleet of boats and associated equipment
- Ability to repair minor damage to boats
- Deputising for the Lead Coach when/if required.
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
- To assist with race and training camp planning
The School is committed to the safeguarding of children and adopts recruitment procedures that promote their safety and well-being. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
How to apply
To discuss this position or for any questions please contact Pamela Walton at [email protected]. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the advert at any time.
Salary: £12 per hour (subject to qualification level
Type: Self Employed
Application Dates: From Friday 9th September 2022 to Friday 23rd September 2022