Hudson – UK Sales and Service SHARK
HUDSON UK is looking for a social person that is well connected in the rowing world. This Sales Shark loves to share their rowing enthusiasm within rowing circles to build long term relationships. Ideally this person has international rowing experience and is looking for the opportunity to turn a passion into a profession.
You will become part of the HUDSON UK team in a Sales and Service position based out of our Service Centre in Reading. The job will include a significant amount of travel, visiting boat clubs & attending regattas. Boat trailering logistics from Reading will be shared within the team.
A successful candidate is self-motivated, relevant in the rowing community, and able to communicate effectively with customers about the boat and how it interacts with the athlete and environment. We are seeking someone who is willing to invest the time required to support a dynamic operation with the opportunity to become the UK Sales Manager.
This role will report to the Business Manager – Europe with a dotted line to the HUDSON Management Team in Canada.
Primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Building relationships with purchasing decision makers at rowing clubs/ schools and universities
- Identifying and recognizing needs of rowing programs and converting these needs into boat sales
- Following up with private purchase enquiries and transitioning these into boat sales with happy customers
- Rigging and technical advice
2. Elite Support
- Identifying (upcoming) elite athletes interested in becoming HUDSON ambassadors
- Building relationships with the National Team coaches and supporting with equipment
3. Regatta, Delivery and Program Support
- UK regatta attendance, including Henley Rowing Regatta & National Schools Regatta
- European regatta support for select international events
- Support customer needs with on-site service and demo support
- Deliver new/used/repaired boats to boathouses and regattas
4. Sales Administration
- Supporting customer inquiries regarding new and used shells
- Assisting with planning demo and delivery logistics
- Manage the complete internal sales process from work order entry, database proficiency, and accounts receivable
5. Support Service Centre activity as required
If you are qualified to be a SHARK please contact Ruud Pepping at [email protected]
Application Dates: From Tuesday 7th February 2023 to Wednesday 1st March 2023