Hereford Cathedral School – Head of Rowing
We are seeking an outstanding Head of Rowing with the leadership, vision, coaching skills and experience to take the lead role in the development and delivery of our rowing programme.
The successful candidate will have significant coaching experience, preferably with young rowers and should be British Rowing qualified (or equivalent). The role has overall responsibility for the coaching and preparation of individual crews as well as other Boat Club duties such as administration and boat maintenance.
The individual will be highly motivated and fully prepared to undertake the demands of working in one of the UK’s leading independent co-educational day and boarding schools.
Rowing is offered year-round to our pupils starting in January in Year 9. There is a weekly Games session along with after-school and weekend training. We enter a number of regional and national events to suit our crews.
- Valuable, on the job training and professional development
- Lunch provided in term time
- Competitive salary
- HCS Rowing Kit
- Opportunity to join a wonderful team of people
- A beautiful place to work in the most idyllic settings
- Join a highly talented and supportive team and governing body
- A positive and innovative working environment
- A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension scheme (8.7% employer contribution, 6% employee contribution)
- Staff are sometimes offered non-contractual School Fees Remission at the absolute discretion of the Governors
How to apply
An application form and information pack may be downloaded from the School website.
Completed applications should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent to Recruitment, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG or to [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 10am on Tuesday 9 May 2023.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references and other safer recruitment checks.
Club / School: Herefordshire (based at Hereford Cathedral School & Boat Club)
Salary: £23,265 - £25,01
Type: Full time and year-round Start date: September 2023
Application Dates: From Friday 28th April 2023 to Tuesday 9th May 2023