Hartpury University & College – Studentship
Hartpury University and College Boat Club is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated coach to work and develop their skills within the rowing programme for the upcoming 2023/24 and 2024/25 academic years.
As a leading institution in coaching development, Hartpury University & College Boat Club offers a fully funded MSc degree (Coaching Science, Strength and Conditioning, or Applied Performance Analysis in Sport), studied part-time over two years to enable the candidate to combine coaching with postgraduate study. Hartpury will further support your development through formal and informal CPD opportunities and mentoring. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and experience in coaching athletes at every level of performance, from newly recruited Start programme athletes taking their first strokes, to those preparing for U19 and U23 World Championships.
Studentship responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting with coaching provision, including land and water based training.
- Assisting the rowing staff with session planning and organisation.
- Assisting with transport of athletes and equipment to and from training and competition.
- Providing competition support, including administration, planning and organisation, coaching crews into and throughout regattas, etc.
- Supporting with routine care and maintenance of equipment used within the programme.
- Completing any administrative duties required to support programme activities.
- Preferably a 2.1 undergraduate degree in sports science or related field (although this is open to discussion).
- UKCC Level 2 Rowing Coaching Qualifications. (Desirable)
- Previous rowing coaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver sessions.
- Strong computer literacy including use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Full driving licence.
How to apply:
To apply for the studentship, please send your C.V and Cover letter to [email protected].
Application Dates: From Thursday 11th May 2023 to Monday 29th May 2023