Grange School – Rowing Coach (Session)
Taking a lead and teaching: Elements of the rowing program and PE curriculum.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support and lead the sporting development of pupils aged 14-18.
The roll will involve planning and coaching rowing sessions at the boat house at Acton Bridge. The rowing club has access to a 5km stretch of river on which the school are the only rowing club. At the boat house students have access to changing facilities and showers, and a club social area which includes kitchen facilities. Grange rowers enjoy the use of an extensive fleet of elite and club racing boats.
The Sports Centre provides club standard badminton, netball and indoor hockey facilities, international size basketball and tennis courts, gym, fitness suite, changing facilities, a new multiuse games area, offices, classroom, storage and an internal climbing wall. The new Sports Hall complements the already significant external sports facilities across the school sites, including: an athletics track, all weather pitch, impressive off-site boat house and extensive outdoor space. The high level of facilities that the School has to offer provides a limitless capacity for the successful candidate to develop and grow in their role.
We are able to offer the successful candidate; a full experience of School life, assistance with future qualifications (PGCE/ Sports Coaching), state of the art facilities and professional and friendly working environment.
- Coaching and running teams as appropriate in Rowing.
- Individual and team teaching, assisting experienced subject teachers in a range of situations.
- Teaching groups in specialised topic areas.
- Being involved in School visits and trips.
- Leading small projects/initiatives.
- General and administrative duties in the PE department.
- General duties in the Sports Hall.
- Experience of coaching or teaching rowing
- Experience of organising and running sports competitions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A commitment to instilling and developing excellence in young athletes.
- Ability to engage and motivate young people.
- Ability to plan and deliver against identified goals.
- A commitment to equality and diversity
To apply for the role of Rowing Coach, please write a letter of application to support a fully completed application form and names of two referees to:
The Grange School
Please mark the envelope ‘FAO: Mrs Lynn Geary’ in the top left hand corner. Applications are also accepted via e-mail to [email protected].
Further information can be found here.
18 hours per week (1st September 2022 – 16th October 2022)
11 hours per week (17th October 2022 – 26th February 2023)
18 hours per week (27th February 2023 – 6th July 2023)
Salary: £10,817 per annum (based on the above hours)
Application Dates: From Tuesday 21st June 2022 to Wednesday 29th June 2022