Eton College – Rowing Coach
The Dorney Lake schools rowing programme provides high quality rowing and on water activities for young people. Currently twelve different schools visit every week with group sizes of up to 16 participants. Due to an increase in the number of schools attending. We are looking for inspiring and committed coaches who can instil a love of the sport in a fun and engaging way.
Interviews to be conducted week commencing 7th March 2022.
The main task will be to coach the participants to attain basic watermanship so they are competent and comfortable in crew boats progressing to singles over time. The aim of the programme is to give young people the opportunity to row and look to improve their confidence through sport.
- To support the maintenance of the fleet through minor boat repairs as well as supporting the operations of Dorney Lake as a whole.
- Coaching participants to attain basic watermanship so that they are competent and comfortable in a range of boats
- Keeping records of individual’s progress on the Dorney Lake Rowing programme
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should:
- Have a willingness to work in a team and share good practice and ideas
- Have strong understanding of issues of safety on the water, and an ability to instil the importance of this in young people
- Have the ability to enthuse and encourage those they coach
- Have the ability to build good individual relationships
- Showcase a passion and enjoyment to work with young people
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be able to adapt and develop understanding and practice
In addition to your experience, whilst not essential, the following would be highly desirable:
- A British Rowing L2 Club Coach / Session Coach qualification (or equivalent)
- A RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Member of British Rowing
- Experience coaching juniors
- Experience working in a team/member of a club
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
Applications for the role can be made here.
Application Dates: From Tuesday 15th February 2022 to Monday 28th February 2022