British Rowing – Head of Digital Marketing
When you join British Rowing, you will be joining a driven, passionate and inspiring team that stretches across all levels, from our amazing and inspiring Olympic and Paralympic athletes and coaches through to our CEO and the hundreds of volunteers that underpin our sport.
We are a sports business that holds strong values for both people and the environment. We welcome innovation, encourage entrepreneurial mindset and embrace opportunity. We never compromise on excellence as we aim to provide the best possible experience for our incredible 530 rowing clubs across England and 30k members. Our ambition is to hit 100k members by 2025!
As the Head of Digital Marketing, you will be part of a team that leads with pride, doesn’t settle for the mediocre and who always aim to perform at their best. You will take on the role of developing, driving and supporting the implementation of the digital strategy, primarily focused on growing membership and participation. You’ll have significant input into all the business areas and you’ll oversee all our online channels.
You will cover all areas of online marketing including SEO, social media (inc. paid and organic social) and email as well as establishing a best practice digital experience for our members and subscribers as they engage with us more and more – from the first view of the website to buying a membership to being welcomed as a member. You will be curious about the latest tools and new developments in digital marketing, always looking for how they can be applied to constantly improve British Rowing’s digital offer.
As an empathetic leader, you’ll also develop our internal talent and ensure we always protect British Rowing’s brand reputation at all times.
If you want to become part of the British Rowing story, we’d love to hear from you. A full job description can be provided on application but, in summary…
…this is what we need from you:
- A strong leader with the ability to drive excellence through people and influence a broad range of stakeholders.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior role with a proven track record in building communities through strategic planning, creative solutions and brand partnerships, preferably within sports.
- Experience of building communities on different social media platforms (we are currently on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and are keen to explore the use of TikTok).
- Experience overseeing web design and development projects.
- Confident in the application of email marketing with an awareness of the implications of GDPR.
- Proficient with a range of digital tools/platforms and confident in picking up new ones (currently we use: WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Webflow, Anchor, Headliner, Google Analytics and Canva).
- Proven experience of digital marketing and managing agencies.
- Strong commercial acumen; P&L and budget management are a key part of this role.
- Confident in using classic office software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
And It would be great if you have experience of:
- managing and optimising great paid social campaigns, and
- mean and agile digital product development.
What we offer you!
- Base salary of £55,000 per annum
- Employer’s pension contribution of 7.5%
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with length of service
- Cycle to Work
- Staff kit
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid working
Closing date for applications:
Friday, 28 January 2022
Please email a CV and cover letter to:
Head of HR
Application Dates: From Friday 14th January 2022 to Friday 28th January 2022