Overseas Entry


Italian competitors at BRIC15 (c) Naomi Baker

Non British Rowing (Overseas) clubs or Scottish clubs wishing to enter affiliated competitions  must use the British Rowing Online Entry (BROE2) system to make their entries. If you have not previously entered a competition using BROE you will need to contact our Competitions Administrator before you will be able to make your entry.

For specific local information about the competition, please visit the dedicated competition or club website.

All crews boating on unfamiliar waters should ensure that they are aware of local conditions and understand the safety requirements.

Environment Agency Boat Registrations

If you are competing/training in a boat on loan from a UK club based on Environment Agency (EA) waterways you will need to confirm with the club that the relevant boat is labelled with the clubs unique three letter boat identification code and is registered with the EA.

If you are planning to bring your own boat over then you will need to purchase an EA registration for that boat. Please note that the EA licence is only applicable for inland waters, which are managed by the Environment Agency (EA).

If you don’t already have your boat identification code (related to your club) please contact British Rowing (BR) by emailing [email protected]. If you require Boat Identification Stickers http://www.nickosticko.me offers this service.

You can either organise an annual registration for your boat through British Rowing as a non-EA based club or you can apply for a temporary registration from the EA itself.  A temporary registration is for clubs who may only compete on EA waters as a one-off.  Temporary registrations are available for 7 consecutive days or 31 consecutive days and can only be purchased directly from the EA.

The EA can be contacted on 03708 506 506 or [email protected]

Crews visiting to compete or tour on the tidal Thames are advised to look at the Port of London Authority guidance for useful information available in French, German and Italian.

Competitors from associations other than British Rowing might have a Personal Ranking Index (PRI) that does not fully reflect their ability as the records this relates to are limited to British Rowing affiliated competitions and overseas representation for Great Britain. Such crews are advised to provide the competition with details of their racing history with the understanding that their governing body may be contacted. This is to ensure that the competitors/crews are entered into an appropriate event for their experience and crew record.


Composite crews

Composite crews must be entered using BROE2. Individual rowers who are not members of the submitting club will have to provide their racing licence number to the online administrator for their entry.


Crew Substitutions

Crew Substitutions must be made in BROE2 and Clubs should ensure that they have the correct online entry access. Crew changes must be made before race day.


More in this section

Clean Sport in Competition

All athletes have the right to compete in sport knowing that they, and their competitors, are clean.

View Content


On 1st April 2010, our 'veteran' rowers became known as 'Masters'.  There has also been a change in the lower age so that rowers from 27 years to over 80 can now compete in Masters events. This brings us in line with the international programme and, with its age-related handicap system, Masters racing is often highly competitive. British Rowing's Masters Committee is responsible for…

View Content

Online Entry

Most British Rowing affiliated competitions will have their own dedicated website and they should publicise the competition letting clubs and competitors know that all entries must be made using the British Rowing Online Entry (BROE2) System. Overseas crews must also use BROE2 to make their entries and are advised to allow plenty of time to…

View Content

Stay up to date...

Get the latest rowing news, tips, event info and updates straight to your inbox.

Sign up now!