Are you a young rower between the ages of 16 and 18 who would like to get a first taste of coaching?
The Rowing Leader training will enable you to safely deliver rowing sessions under the supervision of a qualified coach. It aims to encourage you to develop your own ability through self-evaluation and action planning.
How much will it cost?
How long is the training?
16 hours ideally delivered over four sessions of 4 hours each.
Who can attend?
Anyone between 16 – 18 years of age.
How is the training structured?
The Rowing Leader training is delivered through a mixture of theory and practical activities on the water. You will receive feedback from your tutor after all practical delivery and be provided with a clear action plan at the end of the training.
You will receive…
- A learner workbook to support your study during the training
- Communication techniques resource
- Warm up exercises resource
- Boat exercises and skill drills resource
- Stretching and flexibility resource
How do I apply?
Check that you have:
- Participated in Capsize / Man Overboard and Recovery Training, run through a club or school by either a qualified tutor or a UKCC Level 2 Club Coach (rowing or water sports-related).
- Attended as a minimum a Learn to Row Course Stage 1 & 2 / Go Row 1, 2 & 3 OR be a regular rower for a minimum of 12 months.
Check the calendar to find a course near you.
Then book online using our booking system.
Rowing Leader (16 - 18) - Northwich
4th Apr 2017, 5th Apr 2017
Further courses can be found by searching on the Courses Calendar.