University of Twente – Head Coach
The Drienerlose Rowing Association is one of the most active and dedicated student sports association of Enschede and the University of Twente.
In recent years the University has grown and with it the association’s members, from 280 members in 2016 to 370 members in 2021. The association has the means and the potential to be competitive at national level events. The fact that the number of members is growing, is a positive development. However, due to the high student turnover of its members there is a great need for continuity and stability within the association.
The group of competitive rowers consists of an average of 40 rowers and 20 coaches, some of whom have RC-2 or RC-3 level certificates. In addition, Euros has a paid Head Coach who is currently responsible for coaching during the weight training sessions and supervising both freshmen and senior teams.
The D.R.V. Euros has worked with a knowledgeable and committed coach in recent years who was responsible for weekly training schedules, training load and macro planning. We are looking for:
- Someone with a committed, social and driven personality.
- Someone who has a demonstrable affinity with creating training schedules.
- Someone with a structured and orderly working method.
- Someone who is familiar with student athletes.
- Someone who at least has RC-3 level certification or similar training in training theory and periodization.
- Someone who is able to work with many parties (coaches, rowers, board members and the Head Coach).
- Collaboration with an active and enthusiastic group of students.
- 4 hours working week (in accordance with scale 7 or 8 of the collective agreement for Dutch Universities).
- The UT offers an inspiring, challenging, multidisciplinary and international environment to work in.
- Already established structure with tools to grow professionally
- In the new academic year after evaluation there can be a discussion to expand or make adjustments in the tasks and hours.
How to apply
You can apply for this role here.
Application Dates: From Friday 8th April 2022 to Friday 22nd April 2022