Pembroke College Boat Club, Oxford – Head Coach
Starting w/c 17 January 2022 if possible
Pembroke College Boat Club (Oxford) are taking Head Coach applications for the 2022 season and beyond. The club has flexibility in structure to accommodate the right candidate. Payment is competitive at £13,430 for 25 hours/week over three 11-week terms.
PCBC is an enthusiastic and high performing community consisting of novices through to top level athletes. The club is in a good position looking forwards, with both first boats in reach of headship at both Torpids and VIIIs. Lower boats have consistently performed at their respective level, and the club is retaining the majority of athletic talent across all boats.
The ideal candidate
- Will be excited to work across the breadth of the squads
- Will be available approximately 25 hours a week during term – This includes weekends and predominantly before 9AM and after 5PM during weekdays.
- Will be capable of working with and developing supplementary coaches supplied for novices and top squads
- Will be capable of setting a training plan and selecting crews
- Will be organised, experienced and approachable
- Will be willing to attend training camps
- Will look to develop their coaching career within a professional environment
- Will have an enthusiasm for the sport they can inspire within the club community
- Will ideally have qualifications related to rowing – eg. BRA Level 2
PCBC aims to provide a great deal of support to the head coach, both in terms of coaching and career development. To apply, please send your CV and one page covering letter to Jane Richmond. If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in contact.
If you are interested in this opportunity, but are unable to commit to the full hours, please also get in touch, as we may be able to accommodate this.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – The completion of this form is voluntary, but appreciated.
Pembroke College is an equal opportunities employer. It welcomes diversity amongst its staff and students and all reasonable adjustments will be made to the recruitment process, working arrangements and/or environment to accommodate applicants with any form of disability.
Please let us know if you believe there are any reasonable adjustments we should be making to assist you with your application. If you feel that you have a disability which may affect your application, please let us know. Please also let us know of any reasonable adjustments that we would need to make for you to attend an interview.
Application Dates: From Tuesday 11th January 2022 to Monday 17th January 2022