Molesey Boat Club – Junior Assistant Head Coach
Founded in 1886, Molesey Boat Club (MBC) is one of the most successful rowing clubs in the UK, based on the river Thames in Surrey.
MBC operates a successful Junior Development Programme, aiming to attract and develop high potential young men and women to reach their full potential.
Our junior programme has produced impressive results in recent years. Recent athletes include Holly Dunford, who grew through the Junior Programme to become a Junior World Champion in 2017. She then stepped up to win Silver at the U23 World Championship medal in 2019. Last but not least, our 2018 Junior Olympians Michael Dalton and Theo Darlow have also come through Molesey’s junior programme, winning gold at the Junior World Championships in 2018.
Molesey is home to Olympic heroes such as Andrew Triggs Hodge, George Nash and Moe Sbihi. Further to that are our heroes, Rebecca Girling and Rebecca Edwards, who are current members of the GB Senior Squad and recently competed at Tokyo 2021.
MBC invests heavily in our programme. We have a strong coaching team, a vast fleet at the club and a state of the art rowing centre finished in 2014, with 20 ergometers, ski erg, and a plethora of equipment for Olympic lifting.
MBC is now recruiting a Junior Assistant Head Coach to continue developing our pathway and build on the strong foundations and results the club has enjoyed in recent years.
There is the opportunity for an ambitious coach to help our Junior Head Coach grow and set up a junior pathway programme that would be unique within the UK, that is aligned to the whole club strategy and pathway. A successful applicant will possess the necessary skills to enable junior athletes to develop both on and off the water, creating a supportive environment that promotes performance.
- Assisting in the overall delivery of the junior programme, with an emphasis on developing athletes throughout their junior rowing career.
- Assist the Junior Head Coach in developing athletes targeting national events and selection for Great Britain Junior Teams.
- Lead the J14&15-year group including designing and delivering training and session plans, crew formation, and technical development within the overall direction of the Head Junior Coach.
- Lead the recruitment of novice juniors through the club’s successful Learn to Row programmes and through our schools community outreach endeavours.
- Lead and communicate effectively as part of the Junior Coaching team and wider club coaching team.
- Help the maintenance of the MBC fleet, repairing and rigging as necessary.
- Maintain an atmosphere of mutual support and respect.
- Maintain appropriate standards of behaviour as an ambassador for Molesey Boat Club both on and off the water.
- Ensuring that the clubs Safeguarding and Safety policies are adhered to whilst leading coached sessions.
- Experience of working in a club/university/school programme.
- Coaching qualification (minimum: UKCC Level 2 or international equivalent).
- Full driving licence (preferably with the ability to tow trailers).
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 or international equivalent (desirable)
- Educated to Degree level (desirable)
Up to £23,000. All reasonable expenses will be covered.
Molesey Boat Club is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for this position is Friday 7th January. Interviews may be held before the closing date.
Application Dates: From Tuesday 14th December 2021 to Friday 7th January 2022