London Youth Rowing – Programmes Coach – London
London Youth Rowing (LYR) are recruiting a Programmes Coach in London to work within a brilliant team of coaches that manage a network of schools and organisations across London.
As the face of LYR, you will be overseeing the relationship between LYR and the schools/organisations that you are assigned, engaging participants in safe and fun sessions, while together we help you plan and shape a development plan that you are passionate about!
Pay & Hours
This is a Full Time coaching position with a Fixed Contract of 2 years and a salary starting from £23,000 per annum. The working days are Monday to Friday typically with at least one evening a week and occasional weekends throughout the year.
As part of LYR’s coaching team, you will be working within a team of coaches that manage a network of schools and organisations across London.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the relationship that LYR have with a number of those schools and organisations at every level.
- Working with participants from a range of different backgrounds, you will be introducing them to the sport of rowing and encouraging them to find their true self.
- Working independently and remotely but need to maintain good, strong communication with your coaching team and support your colleagues closely both mentally and practically.
- Sessions run mainly within the schools and organisations but will also include sessions on water as participants become more invested in the programme. (You do not need to be able to row!)
- Managing and leading sessions on a weekly basis at an LYR Community Hub as a way of providing recreational rowing opportunities
While performing your coaching duties, you will consistently be working and focusing on your own development and experience as a coach and within the world of rowing and grassroots sports.
Your development is at the heart of the programme, supported by your colleagues and using the framework of opportunities that LYR will offer, you will be responsible for making the most of your journey with LYR. Becoming a Programmes Coach with LYR is an invaluable opportunity for you to gain the qualifications, skills and knowledge to develop coaching into a career!
What we need from you
- Previous work experience in any work environment
- Some experience of working as part of a team
- Previous experience of working independently
- Committed to developing yourself and having a positive impact on those around you
- Skilled at communication, time management, and teamwork
- Enthusiastic about learning and using new technologies
For more information on the roll please access the full information pack by clicking here.
Guide to applying
To apply for this role, you should submit:
- An updated CV which shows your full career history with any breaks explained, we recommend that this is no longer than three pages
- A supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate for this role and how you fulfil the person specification, again we recommend that this is no longer than two pages
Record and submit a 30 second video of yourself telling us why you think you are the ideal candidate for this role
Please submit the documents via email to the following members of LYR’s SMT: Emily Coe, [email protected]
Bobbi Morgan, [email protected]
If you apply, we will aim to acknowledge your application within 24 hours of receipt. If after that time you have not heard from us, please telephone the LYR office (0203 434 0990) to ensure that it has arrived. Using a secure email address and putting the job title/organisation in the subject line reduces the chances of any email going into spam.
Application Dates: From Friday 30th April 2021 to Saturday 15th May 2021