Head of Rowing, Curlew Rowing Club – part-time
Curlew RC is based in East London, founded in 1866. We are a mainly sweep focused club, with the main aims of the season for the senior squad to build on previous results at WEHoRR, HoRR, HWR and HRR. 2019 results include 81st at HoRR, quarter-final of aspirational coxless fours at HWR, and qualification for the Thames and Wyfold Challenge Cup at HRR.
Our fleet is based at the London Regatta Centre, rowing on the 2,000m multi-lane stretch of water that is the Royal Albert Dock, with a cycle path along the whole of one side of the dock. Our clubhouse and gym are on the banks of the Thames in Greenwich.
The senior squad is made up of around 30 rowers, with a similar number in the development squad.
This is a part-time position; the Committee is open to discussion over the contracted hours. These hours could include planning and other duties around the boathouse. The actual amount of hours each week will vary depending on the time of year.
This is a senior squad Coaching position and will provide strategic leadership and high-level coaching.
Package will be dependent on experience. Reasonable expenses will be covered.
Working with the coaching team to design and deliver an overall club program to successfully deliver against the Committee’s performance objectives:
- Lead the coaching team in developing a training programme and providing guidance as appropriate to its implementation and amendment for individuals/and senior squad
- Work with the committee to organise training camps and offsite training/racing
- Work with the other coaches to help develop rowers through the squads.
- Maintain an atmosphere of mutual support and respect.
- Maintain appropriate standards of behaviour as an ambassador for the club both on and off the water
- Advise and assist in the rigging and maintenance of the racing fleet.
- Assist the captains and committee in the recruitment of athletes to the club and retain existing squad membership
- Available for coaching work and management of rowing activities as required.
- Towing of the trailer as and where necessary
- Expected to work flexibly under minimal supervision
- Perform related duties as required Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience of having
- Delivered success at club/university/school level
- Coaching qualification (minimum: UKCC Level 2 or international equivalent)
- Full driving licence (with ability to tow rowing trailers)*
- Desirable Qualifications: (if not held, the appointee will be expected to work towards these qualifications once in post)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 or international equivalent*
*applications from candidates without this licence may be considered provided they are willing and able to obtain the appropriate licence within an agreed time period
Please contact [email protected] for more information
Application Dates: From Wednesday 8th January 2020 to Saturday 18th January 2020