Hartpury Rowing – Rowing Academy Pathway Coach
Rowing Academy Pathway Coach
£22,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to more than 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University is rated top 20 in the UK for Teaching Quality (Times Good University Guide 2022) and has 96% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About Hartpury Rowing Programme
Since it’s conception in 2010 Hartpury have produced 14 international athletes representing GB from the Munich Junior Regatta through to the Olympic games in Tokyo, along with 27 home international appearances, 4 Henley Royal Regatta wins, and numerous National Schools and BUCS regatta wins. The unique partnership with British Rowing’s World Class Start Programme offers rowers and coaches opportunities to collaborate with other top individuals across the country.
About the Role
- Responsible for leading the Hartpury J15-18 Racers Programme and supporting the FE Rowing Academy.
- Other key roles will include a focus on outreach recruitment and summer camps.
- Managing and improving individual progression of athletes throughout Hartpury’s pathway, aiming to achieve prominence in national and international rowing competitions.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring performance coach to work and develop themselves within a high performing programme.
- You will have a proven track record of coaching and working with rowers from beginners through to national level performers.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- On-site fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays rising with length of service
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Apply online here or telephone 01452 702135 to request documents by post.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 7th November 2021.
Interviews will be held on 16th November 2021.
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Application Dates: From Friday 22nd October 2021 to Sunday 7th November 2021