Richard Bowsher – creator of a thriving recreational club
Richard Bowsher was nominated by Goring Gap Boat Club for the Volunteer of the Year 2008 awards because he has ‘transformed the outlook, attitude and approach of the membership through his hard work creating a thriving recreational club’.
Here are some of the benefits that Richard’s hard work has brought to the club:
- setting up and delivering Learn to Row courses
- writing funding applications
- planning and managing an extensive programme of boat maintenance
- new boat racking
- sourcing and evaluating new boats
- organising recreational trips to france for the club to take part in recreational events
- heading the competition sub group for Goring and Streatley regatta which involves arranging the logistics of boating and training over 60 fours in the build up to the event.
Goring Gap Boat Club