Regional Development Programme
Supporting rowers with amazing potential!
What is the Regional Development Programme?
The Regional Development Programme provides opportunities for rowers and coaches based in the following geographical areas to apply to attend Regional Development Camps with athletes on other England Pathway programmes:
- East Midlands (Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln and Boston)
- South West (Gloucester down to Penzance)
- North West (Lancashire down to Stoke on Trent)
- Yorkshire (River Tees and Yorkshire Region).
For rowers, this is a chance to come together with other like-minded people and create a network of support to drive your development, whilst learning what to focus on for you to develop more effectively and take back to your club. We welcome rowers attending with or without a coach.
We encourage rowers of any ability to attend who are:
- Aged 14 to 21
- Women who are 174cm or taller and men who are 186cm or taller
- Aspiring to perform at national or international level and aiming to attend trials in the next 18 months.
- Keen to learn, develop and share experience.
For coaches, this is an opportunity to develop technical knowledge, coaching skills, expand your coaching network and share experience on developing rowers of all ages in your club. Coaches are welcome to attend with or without a rower but must hold a British Rowing Membership.
We also offer the opportunity for coaches who have attended any of the camps to attend virtual networking sessions. These sessions allow coaches to discuss a range of subjects, share thoughts and experience on a range of subjects relevant to you.
How to apply
Applications are now open and will close at 09:00 Monday, 9 October 2023.
If you’re a rower, please make sure you have done the following before applying:
- Measured your height and arm span in cm (remember to remove your trainers)
- Completed a 1k erg test on a Concept 2 at rate 24 and a 250m at rate 40-44.
Rowers and coaches will need to have their British Rowing membership number too. You can find this in the British Rowing Membership portal.
Please note: The Regional Development Programme has a limited number of places available so that we are able to deliver the best possible experience to those who attend.Find out more about the support you will receive on the programme.