The 2016 Olympic Games will be hosted in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is the first Games to be held in South America.
The rowing regatta will take place from August 6-13 on the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas in the heart of Rio, just ten minutes from Ipanema beach and with a spectacular backdrop of mountains, the Tijuca Forest and the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue at Corcovado.
The GB Rowing Team qualified 12 boats for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games during the 2015 World Championships in Aiguebelette, France:
- Women’s pair
- Women’s double scull
- Women’s eight
- Men’s pair
- Men’s four
- Men’s eight
- Men’s single scull
- Men’s double scull
- Men’s quadruple scull
- Lightweight women’s double scull
- Lightweight men’s four
- Lightweight men’s double scull
The final Olympic qualifying regatta will take place in Lucerne, Switzerland from May 20-25.
Rio 2016 previews
- Official Rio 2016 website http://www.rio2016.org/en/home
- Official Rio 2016 rowing website http://www.rio2016.com/en/the-games/olympic/sports/rowing
- World Rowing http://www.worldrowing.com/events/2016-olympic-games-regatta/event-infor...