Senior Club Coach - Hammersmith
Course Provider: NGB
Course Location: British Rowing HQ, 6 Lower Mall, Hammersmith, W6 9DJ
Start Date: Saturday, 24th September 2022
Start Time: 09:00
Booking Deadline: Thursday, 22nd September 2022
How long is the award? The learning programme is delivered over three 2 day blocks of face to face contact, over an extended period of time, to allow for home study tasks to be completed. The face to face learning programme is then followed by two observed coaching assessments.
Dates: 24th & 25th Sept, 29th & 30th October 2022, 14th & 15th January 2023
What you'll learn: The Level 3 award builds on the good practice developed from the Level 2 award and focuses on supporting you in your skills and knowledge around coaching programmes.
The overall outcome of the Level 3 Award is to enable you to:
Plan, deliver and review annual coaching programmes.
The course will ensure you can safely implement a training programme appropriate to the participants that you coach, who may vary in their goals, ages, and abilities.
Developing a coaching programme should involve making the most of the resources and support available, including other people. A really well designed training programme is one part of a successful coaching programme as a whole. In order to design this programme you must be responsible for the training of a group of rowers for a minimum of 8 months.
Who can attend? Any coach holding the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing or suitable equivalent will be able to attend a Level 3 Induction day.
The aim of the Induction day and the new structure of the Level 3 is to support all learners to succeed. The Induction day is also designed to help you make an assessment of your current coaching position and identify if the Level 3 is the correct next step for you.
How is the award structured? The Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Rowing focuses on developing coaching behaviours and coaches' skills and knowledge in the areas of safe and professional behaviour, communication, planning and reviewing and rowing specific sequential activity.
Specific areas of knowledge that are covered during the 6 day face to face learning programme include:
- Anatomy & Physiology,
- Athlete preparation & Training Principles,
- Biomechanics and Technique,
- Ethical Coaching Practice & Developing your Coaching Environment,
- Developing Others,
- Decision Making and Communication,
- Mental Skills Training,
Mentoring will be available to you if required and the process of finding a mentor appropriate for you will be explained on the course.
Are there any pre-requisites? In order to take the UKCC Level 3, you must:
- Hold a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rowing or recognised equivalent
- Hold a current Emergency Aid certificate
- Hold a current Safeguarding & Protecting Children certificate
- Be working towards your Level 2 Strength & Conditioning (S&C)
In addition to the course pre-requisites you must:
- Be or become a British Rowing member. Non-members can apply online for instant membership (England and Wales)
- Be a registered British Rowing website user, a current SARA member, a current member of a SARA club, and resident in Scotland (Scotland only); or be a British Rowing member
- Complete the two online courses, available free of charge on RowHow:
- Safety Basics: http://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=89
- Cold Water & Hypothermia: http://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=118
- Attend a Level 3 Induction Day
- Be in a position to set the training programme and coach a group of rowers/2 scullers for a minimum of 8 months.
It should be noted that priority will be given to those applicants who already hold the Level 2 S&C.
Please note: The IA is still a valid Coaching Qualification. IA coaches wishing to proceed to the Level 3 will gain access to all of the Level 2 materials to ensure they are up to date.
The resources are very extensive and are updated continually – these are available to you through RowHow which will enable you to look at them in your own time and ensures the most up to date information is available to both past and current candidates.
You will be provided with an extensive Learner pack that contains all the information and templates that you will need to complete the award, as well as:
- British Rowing Technique Posters
- Paul Thompson DVD
How do I apply?
Complete the two online courses, available free of charge on RowHow:
Safety Basics https://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=195
Cold Water & Hypothermia https://www.rowhow.org/course/view.php?id=165
Don’t forget to print off and keep your certificates for your portfolio!
Get in contact to organise an induction session and complete the pre-course workbook.
Complete any outstanding pre-requisites or action plan following the Induction day.
Register on this Level 3 course
Event State: Closed for Bookings