Vesta Rowing Club – Women’s Head Coach
Vesta Rowing Club is currently looking for an experienced and aspirational professional coach for its Women’s Squad as we look to continue our development into one of the leading clubs in the country.
The Club has made considerable progress in recent years, becoming one of the largest clubs in the country for adult rowing. This has included record entries at Fours Head, the Remenham Challenge, WeHORR, 8’s Head, HWR and HRR.
This year’s results included a win in Aspirational Club Coxless Fours, a final in Aspirational Club Eights and a semi-final in Development Coxed Fours at Henley Women’s Regatta. This was topped off with a semi-final in the Wargrave Challenge Cup at Henley Royal Regatta, We are a club very much on the up.
This is a part-time role and the responsibilities will include:
- Two coached morning sessions on both Saturdays and Sundays.
- Two coached evening sessions during the week.
- Setting the training programme, managing the squad and developing our overall squad strategy.
- Leading a team of volunteer coaches to ensure a consistent approach to athlete development.
- Working with the Senior Men’s Head Coach and with the Club Captain to maintain club cohesion and target similar events.
The new coach will have at their disposal a very well-equipped gym and an excellently maintained fleet.
The package on offer will reflect the successful candidate’s experience, and be commensurate for the time commitment required. For more information please contact Chris Clements at [email protected].
All applicants should provide a CV or a covering letter as soon as they are able. Interviews will be conducted in the coming weeks, and the successful candidate will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Application Dates: From Thursday 14th July 2022 to Friday 5th August 2022