London Youth Rowing – Assistant Rowing Coach
We are looking for excellent rowing coaches who are passionate about inclusion and performance to join the coaching team for the Mossbourne Rowing Academy. The roles will be based at Mossbourne Community Academy (MCA) and Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (MVPA) in Hackney and will also work at the Royal Docks Adventure water sports centre in Newham. This is an exciting role which includes both on-water and gym based coaching, working with a range of athletes from beginners through to those with high performance ambitions. You will be based at the Royal Docks Adventure for onwater sessions, and in a Mossbourne Federation school for gym and land training sessions. As an employee of London Youth Rowing (LYR), you will report to the Head Coach at MCA and work alongside the existing full time and part time coaching team already in post. We particularly welcome applications from female coaches. The successful candidate will be driven, confident and excited about supporting young rowers achieve their goals to the highest standard.
Job Title: Assistant Rowing Coach Salary: £26-30k per annum depending on hours and experience (pro -rata if part time) Contract term: Permanent, Full time OR Permanent, Part Time Working Pattern: Full Time: 4 weekday split shifts 6am-10am and 3pm-6pm, 1 weekend day 7.30am-Midday Part Time: We would also consider applications for part time work to cover either the morning or evening split shifts detailed above, plus one weekend day. For both Full Time and Part Time roles, flexibility will be required to support Mossbourne racing at Head races and Regattas Responsible to: Head Coach, Mossbourne Rowing Academy Responsible for: Rowing teams across the Mossbourne Federation Employed by: London Youth Rowing.
- Delivering training sessions to a programme set by the Head Coach
- Coaching participants at their appropriate level of rowing ability, creating a fun and safe environment to encourage development
- Working independently and in a team with other LYR coaches
- Helping manage and maintain boats, rowing machines and other equipment
- Attending Regattas and Events as necessary.
Experience & Qualification
- Essential: Minimum Level 2 Rowing Coaching qualification
- Essential: Launch driving qualification (RYA Level 2 or equivalent) and experience essential
- Essential: Full UK Driving Licence or equivalent with three years driving experience
- Highly desirable: Trailer driving license and towing experience
- First Aid desirable
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate desirable.
- Experience coaching young people from backgrounds under-represented in the sport of rowing
Equality of Opportunity
The Mossbourne Federation and LYR have a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both service delivery and in the employment of people and expects all their employees and volunteers to understand and promote this policy in their work.
The selection of the successful candidate will be made by London Youth Rowing in partnership with Mossbourne Federation. London Youth Rowing Limited reserves the right to vary this job description from time to time to meet the particular circumstances facing the Mossbourne Rowing Academy Programme and organisation. To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience, and reasons for wanting to take on this role. Start date: January 2022 Deadline for applications: 17:00 on 7th December 2022, but we will conduct rolling interviews for candidates as applications are received. Please send applications to: [email protected] Prior to appointment, formal checks will be made in accordance with the current statutory requirements relating to child protection. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Application Dates: From Monday 6th February 2023 to Tuesday 28th March 2023