Head of Digital Marketing
When you join British Rowing, you will be joining a driven and passionate team that stretches across all levels – from our amazing and inspiring Olympic and Paralympic athletes and coaches, through to our CEO and the hundreds of volunteers that underpin our sport.
We are a sports business that holds strong values for both people and the environment. We welcome innovation, encourage entrepreneurial mindset and embrace opportunity. We never compromise on excellence as we aim to provide the best possible experience for our incredible 530 rowing clubs across England and 30k members. Our ambition is to hit 100k members by 2025!
As the Head of Digital Marketing, you will be part of a small team on the move, a team that doesn’t settle for mediocre and who always aim to perform at their best. As well as helping shape the future direction of the organisation and the sport as a whole, you will also be hands on developing, driving and supporting the implementation of the digital strategy, primarily focused on growing membership and participation. You’ll have significant input into all the business areas and you’ll oversee all our online channels.
You will cover all areas of consumer marketing including SEO, social media (inc. paid and organic social) and email as well as establishing a best practice digital experience for our members and subscribers as they engage with us more and more – from the first view of the website to buying a membership and being welcomed as a member. You will be curious about the latest tools and new developments in digital marketing, always looking at how they can be applied to constantly improve British Rowing’s digital offer.
As an empathetic leader with a can-do attitude, you’ll also develop our internal talent ultimately building a team to ensure we always put our members and customers first.
If you want to become part of the British Rowing story, we’d love to hear from you. A full job description can be provided on application but, in summary, …
…this is what we need from you:
- You’re a team player.
- You’re a strong leader with the ability to get things done by working with a mix of staff colleagues and volunteers and influencing a broad range of stakeholders.
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a senior role with a proven track record in building communities through strategic planning, creative solutions and brand partnerships.
- You have experience of building communities on different social media platforms (we are currently on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and are keen to explore the use of TikTok).
- You have experience overseeing web design and development projects.
- You are confident in the application of email marketing with an awareness of the implications of GDPR.
- You are proficient with a range of digital tools/platforms and confident in picking up new ones (currently we use: WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Webflow, Anchor, Headliner, Google Analytics and Canva).
- You have proven experience in all the main areas of digital marketing and at managing agencies.
- You have strong commercial acumen; P&L and budget management are a key part of this role.
- You are confident in using classic office software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
- You have experience of agile, digital product development.
What we offer you!
- Base salary of £60,000 per annum
- Employer’s pension contribution of 7.5%
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with length of service
- Cycle to Work
- Staff kit
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid working
Closing date for applications:
Friday, 24 June 2022
Please email a CV and cover letter to:
Director of Partnerships & Communications
Application Dates: From Wednesday 15th June 2022 to Friday 24th June 2022