Christ Church Boat Club (Oxford) – Coaching Vacancies
We are recruiting a team of competent and competitive coaches to develop our next generation of athletes, from total novices, to those targeting First VIII seats. We boated eight crews (M1-5, W1-3) in Summer Eights 2022, and our M1 and W1 both took 2nd on the River, supported by deep squads.
Successful applicants will be assigned a crew to mentor and coach, with generous hours available. A normal training week is 3 sessions, opportunity to earn ~£90/week on a session-by-session basis. Holiday pay is paid in addition, and all meetings with the Head Coach are paid at standard hourly rate. There may be opportunities for training camps home and abroad.
Interested candidates should contact [email protected] by 5pm 18/07/2022. Please include a resume/CV of relevant experience, and a short statement (maximum 250 words) addressing the qualities below.
- Experience and success in rowing
- Flexibility to teach within our boat club’s technical model
- Availability to coach 3+ sessions a week
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with athletes
- Previous success in coaching
- Familiarity with the Isis and Bumps format
- Launch-driving capability/certification
- Boatmanship skills
Application Dates: From Friday 8th July 2022 to Monday 18th July 2022