British Rowing Masters Championships – Race Committee Chair (Volunteer role)
The British Rowing Masters Championships (BRMC) Organising Committee is looking to appoint a new Race Committee Chair (RCC).
The role of the RCC is broadly to:
- Ensure that the Organising Committee plans the competition in accordance with the British Rowing Rules of Racing.
- In collaboration with the Organising Committee appoint or approve the appointment of all appropriate officials, including the Race Committee, and their duties; ensure they are briefed and equipped to carry out their duties.
- Take all decisions concerning racing and the application of these rules that are not in the jurisdiction of a Race Umpire or another qualified race official, and hear any protest, either themselves or with the assistance of all, or any, of the Race Committee, to whom they may delegate such actions.
- Take note of any concerns of the Safety Adviser and take appropriate action if of immediate concern.
- Meet with the Regional or National Umpiring Committee representative attending the competition officially, and take note of any concerns or recommendations.
Applicants must be British Rowing Licensed Umpires with a Multi Lane Endorsement.
The successful candidate must be available for the weekend of the Championships which typically falls three weeks before the weekend of Henley Royal Regatta.
Although this is a voluntary role, reasonable expenses will be paid as per the British Rowing expenses policy, and accommodation provided during the event.
How to apply
If you would like any further information, or would like to express an interest, please contact British Rowing Events Manager, James Lee at [email protected].
Application Dates: From Wednesday 20th September 2023 to Friday 6th October 2023