Book Keeper/Finance Assistant – British Rowing
The Book Keeper/Finance Assistant reports to the Financial Controller as part of the Finance Team. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the control of the organisation’s purchase and sales ledgers.
- Post purchase invoices, and staff and volunteer’s expenses to purchase ledger.
- Prepare payments of invoices and expenses by BACS, cheque, CHAPS etc. in line with supplier payment terms.
- Review and reconcile creditor balances to supplier statements to ensure completeness and accuracy of ledger.
- Raise sales invoices, post to sales ledger, and review sales ledger for outstanding receipts by generating statements.
- Credit control and instigating calls to customers to collect invoices due for payment.
- Reconcile purchase and sales ledger control accounts by agreeing aged creditor and debtor listings to the nominal ledger.
- Resolve all incoming purchase and sales ledger queries.
- Post and reconcile all bank payments and receipts for GBP bank accounts.
- Reconcile transactions received from Clubhub, our membership system, and post them on the finance ledger on a daily basis.
- Update and reconcile petty cash transactions in a timely manner.
- Set up urgent domestic and international payments when needed.
- Collect petty cash and foreign currency from the bank as and when required.
- Reconcile and post expenditure of company credit cards via Concur expense management software, ensuring VAT treatment is correct.
- Notify colleagues of receipts where relevant in a timely manner.
- Assist with year-end activities including liaising with external auditors.
- Other ad hoc tasks as directed by the Financial Controller.
This list is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other duties and requirements associated with the post, which British Rowing may call upon the post-holder to perform from time to time.
- Experience working in a similar role: 2+ years work experience OR 1+ year work experience AND a Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (finance, accounting, economics, mathematics)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to work
- Excellent Excel skills
- Positive working attitude
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines
- Coordination and ability to organise differing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- High standards of customer service
- Eager to learn and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Understanding of sport sector or not for profit organisations
- Experience of VAT regulations in relation to purchase and sales ledger processing: zero-rated, standard-rated, partially exempt etc.
- Experience with Microsoft GP Dynamics or Sage 200
- Experience with SAP Concur
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV alongside a covering letter to British Rowing’s HR Manager [email protected]
Application Dates: From Wednesday 19th April 2023 to Friday 5th May 2023