Training for Fitness Professionals
In response to market demand, British Rowing has developed a new REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals) and CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) accredited Go Row Indoor Workshop for Fitness Professionals.
What is Go Row Indoor?
Go Row Indoor is British Rowing’s new indoor rowing program, aiming to get everyone rowing whether it be for fun, fitness or competition.
Why become a Go Row Indoor instructor?
The indoor rowing machine is one of the most underutilised, but the most effective pieces of equipment available in the gym market today. It is the perfect exercise for anyone, regardless of shape, size, age or fitness level. It is a highly effective full body, cardiovascular workout, with every stroke using 85% of your muscles covering nine major muscle groups. Indoor rowing is growing quickly and there is a strong demand for quality instruction and delivery of indoor activity in a way that makes it fun, social and effective.
How do I become a Go Row Instructor?
Sign up today and join one of our CIMSPA/ REPS accredited Go Row Indoor Fitness Professional workshops.
By attending a workshop, you will be able to:
- Confidently teach British Rowing technique to your clients or in gym inductions
- Deliver 20, 30 and 45 minute Go Row Indoor exercise class models
- Create an indoor rowing focused training plan tailored to your customers
- Understand how to use Indoor rowing fitness tests, apps, and other technologies to support a client’s enjoyment whilst rowing on the indoor machine
Where is my next training workshop?
Find out more on the Go Row Indoor workshop training website where workshop venues and dates will be regularly updated for you to book and attend. To find out more information, click here.
If, on completing the training you are inspired to become an official Go Row Indoor Instructor, you can buy into our Go Row Indoor starter package which includes:
- Go Row Indoor Instructor status – achieve Go Row Indoor deliverer status and be recognised as an official instructor by British Rowing.
- Go Row Indoor Class delivery – timetable official Go Row Indoor 20, 30 or 45 minute exercise classes and be the first to exclusively access newly developed class content.
- Go Row Indoor marketing and resources – password access to British Rowing branded resources including Go Row Indoor posters, pull-up banners, official high quality ‘Go Row Indoor’ and ‘Live Rowing’ promotional rowing machine stickers and a series of templates for website, social media and e-newsletter marketing and engagement activities.
- British Rowing communications – online listings of your exercise class sessions, and on-going marketing and communications of Go Row Indoor through the British Rowing website and social media.
How much does this cost?
£95 – for a place on the Go Row Indoor workshop.
£300 for year 1 – buying into the Go Row Indoor starter package which includes your official Go Row Indoor instructor status.
£250 from year 2 – annual renewal fee which includes your instructor status, accessing updated class content, on-going market support, resources and discounted C.P.D opportunities.
How do I sign up?
To get started on your journey to becoming a Go Row Indoor instructor, contact our indoor rowing team.
Photos by Simon Way