Become a Go Row Indoor Club
Go Row Indoor is British Rowing’s health and fitness focussed indoor rowing programme and your club can now get in on the action
Whether you are looking to attract new members, get more people using your club facilities or generate additional revenue, becoming an official Go Row Indoor Club is a great way to become part of British Rowing’s unique and fast-growing fitness programme.
What is a Go Row Indoor Club?
A Go Row Indoor Club is a community rowing club that uses existing facilities to expand their rowing offer, connect with the wider local community, and help get more people active through indoor rowing. With trained Go Row Indoor instructors and access to Go Row Indoor marketing resources, clubs will have the required British Rowing support that enables them to promote and deliver new indoor rowing fitness classes at times when indoor rowing machines and gyms are not typically being used by club members.
As a Go Row Indoor Club, clubs will be able to:
- Set-up and deliver Go Row Indoor classes
- Be part of a unique and fast-growing fitness programme
- Engage and attract new people to the club
- Generate additional revenue for the club
- Grow membership through indoor rowing membership offers
- Support the continued growth of indoor rowing participation
What is the Go Row Indoor Club package?
To become a Go Row Indoor Club, clubs will need to buy into a package of support which covers:
- Training for club coaches – Two instructor places on a Go Row Indoor workshop for club coaches providing the required skills to deliver Go Row Indoor classes. Instructors must hold a minimum of a British Rowing Club Coach qualification or instructors award.
- Go Row Indoor class models – pre-designed classes for all abilities
- Go Row Indoor marketing materials – exclusive online password access to editable club marketing materials and resources to help promote classes to the public
- Go Row Indoor Club support package – support materials and advice on the running and marketing of Go Row Indoor classes to generate maximum interest and take-up
- Go Row Indoor Club status – exclusive permission to use the designation ‘Go Row Indoor Club’ for a full year
How much does the package cost?
The Go Row Indoor Club package, which includes delivery of training for two club coaches, is priced at £200 for Year 1.
Additionally, clubs can purchase mobile phone cradles for all Concept2 rowing machines at cost price, currently £6.00 per cradle.
After Year 1, the cost of retaining Go Row Indoor Club status and access to the British Rowing Brandhub portal will be £75.00 per annum. In addition, clubs will be offered the opportunity to upskill new instructors at £95.00 per person.
How does my club apply to become a Go Row Indoor Club?
It’s simple. Clubs can apply through your Club Administrator via British Rowing ClubHub. All they need to do is click on the clubs profile, find the club affiliation tab and then click on the Go Row Indoor Club package icon to make an application.
When and where is the next training workshops for club coaches?
During the application process, clubs will need to identify two coaches who will deliver the club’s Go Row Indoor classes. Coaches must be available to attend one of the Go Row Indoor workshops for Club Coaches and must complete the training before commencing any class delivery.
The next dates and venues for the Go Row Indoor workshop for Club Coaches are below, with more to come soon.
|Tyne Rowing Club||15/09/2019||10.30 to 15.30|
|British Rowing Head Office, Hammersmith||29/09/2019||10.30 to 15.30|
|Bristol Ariel Rowing Club, Pump House Ln, St. Annes Park, Bristol BS4 4RQ||27/10/19||10.00 to 15.00|
- Tyne Rowing Club
- 10.30 to 15.30
- British Rowing Head Office, Hammersmith
- 10.30 to 15.30
- Bristol Ariel Rowing Club, Pump House Ln, St. Annes Park, Bristol BS4 4RQ
- 10.00 to 15.00
Please note, this training is only available to clubs and coaches who are signed up to be part of the Go Row Indoor Club Package.
What are the current Go Row Indoor Clubs saying about Go Row Indoor?
Julien Tavener, Bristol Ariel Rowing Club, Go Row Indoor Club Co-ordinator and Instructor
“The Go Row Indoor Club initiative has enabled us to provide an exciting and professional new exercise option to residents in our local community.
“Thanks to the support package provided by British Rowing, which included training and access to materials via British Rowing’s Go Row Indoor Brandhub, we’re confident in delivering a regular series of Go Row Indoor classes that are bringing in much-needed revenue and exposing the club and our unique facility to vibrant new audiences.”
Dermod Sweeney, Kingston Rowing Club, Go Row Indoor Club Co-ordinator
“Go Row Indoor is making the clubhouse available to the local community at otherwise dead times for the club – so a win-win situation. Also, it is producing some valuable additional income for the club.”
Dan O’Sullivan, The Ahoy Centre, Go Row Indoor Co-ordinator and Instructor
“Go Row Indoor is a great fitness concept which highlights the inclusivity and diversity that indoor rowing has to offer. Since running the classes at AHOY we have developed a fitness community amongst our ever-growing participants, who are more engaged with the charity and support the work we do in the local area.”
Expression of Interest
To express an interest in the Go Row Indoor Club package or to ask any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out where the current Go Row Indoor Clubs are located, click here.