Water Sports Centres
Water Sports Centres can accredit to be part of the Explore Rowing programme for a cost of £110 per year to receive British Rowing staff support and access to a range of resources.
Benefits of accrediting to the Explore Rowing Programme:
- Your centre will be eligible to run the British Rowing approved Learn to Row courses.
- You can purchase the accompanying resources.
- Use of the online Club Management tool.
Completion of a Learn to Row course provides participants with the competence to be able to take part in recreational activity. Participants will attain a qualification that is recognised in British Rowing clubs around the country should they wish to continue with the sport in the future.
With accreditation there are certain requirements designed to make sure participants get the most from the scheme.
Requirements for accredited centres running Learn to Row courses:
- All participants and Instructors should register with British Rowing. Centres should sign all participants up using the Club Management tool with a 3-month £5 British Rowing registration including membership benefits and a copy of Rowing & Regatta magazine.
- Participants on the Learn to Row course should have the accompanying Handbook or Logbook. The Handbook is a £4 booklet that includes information on technique, safety and terminology. The Logbook is a basic checklist of skills that is signed by the Course Leader and costs £1. Prices include postage and packaging. These can be ordered by emailing the Explore Rowing team.
- For Fixed Seat rowing, Instructors should have a minimum of the Learn to Row Instructor qualification.
- For Sliding Seat rowing, Instructors should be a UKCC Level 2 qualified Coach or have a Learn to Row Instructor qualification if working alongside a Level 2 qualified coach.
- The equipment being used must be suitable for the activities planned.
We can work with water sports centres that would like to offer rowing as an extra opportunity to increase participation. .