Benefits of accrediting to the Explore Rowing Programme:
- It’s free of charge.
- Your group will be eligible to run the British Rowing approved Learn to Row courses.
- You can purchase the accompanying resources.
- Use of the online Club Management tool.
Completion of a Learn to Row course provides a recognised award that is compatible with the Water Sports Activity Badge and the Pulling Activity Badge. It is aimed at teaching the necessary skills to allow participants to be competent on the water and to be able to take part in any activities that groups or clubs can offer. Scouts will attain a qualification that is recognised in British Rowing clubs around the country should they wish to continue with the sport in the future.
Accreditation Application Form
If you are interested in accrediting to the Explore Rowing Programme, please download the application form.
With accreditation there are certain requirements designed to make sure participants get the most from the scheme.
Requirements for accredited units running Learn to Row courses:
- Course Leaders to sign participants up for a £5 British Rowing registration including membership benefits and a copy of Rowing & Regatta magazine.
- Participants on the Learn to Row course should have the accompanying Handbook or Logbook. The Handbook is a £4 booklet that includes information on technique, safety and terminology. The Logbook is a basic checklist of skills that is signed by the Course Leader and costs £1. Prices include postage and packaging. These can be ordered by emailing the Explore Rowing team.
Course Leader qualification
- The Course Leader should be a UKCC Level 2 qualified Coach.
- The equipment being used must be suitable for the activities planned.
Why not search the Club Finder for local rowing clubs?