Important Information for your Club Treasurer
Please pass on this important information immediately to your Club Treasurer and other relevant club personnel.
At the British Rowing Council meeting held on 22nd September, 2013 it was agreed by Council that decisions about the fee structure for Clubs and individual registered members of British Rowing should be made in February in future, and not in September as at present.
This move will allow the NGB’s Finance Committee to take a more informed view about any necessary adjustments to the fee structure for the financial year ahead.
There are some practicalities to overcome during the transition to these new timings;
- In November 2013 all British Rowing affiliated clubs will be invoiced for a three-month period, 1st January to 31st March 2014.
- Clubs will be invoiced for this period at the rate set by Council in September 2012, ie £80.00 for 10 members or less, plus £6.00 per member over 10 members and will be based on declared members for 2012. The rate set by Council was an annual one. The amounts invoiced will be adjusted to reflect that they are only for one quarter.
- The fees for the year 1st April 2014 to 31st March 2015 will be agreed at the British Rowing Council meeting in February 2014, in conjunction with the budgeted expenditure for that financial year.
- In January 2014 all Affiliated Clubs will be asked to submit their membership declarations based on their 2013 membership numbers.
- Invoices based on this number will be issued at the end of February 2014, payable for the financial year 1st April to 31st March, 2015.
This change does not affect individual registered rowers.